Due to their non-slip surface, Pool Paving are commonly installed around swimming pools.
Our Pool Paving offers modern, light colours that creates a cool surface to walk on with bare feet.
Our pavers can be used in conjunction with various styles and types of pool copings/
But are most popular around modern, rectangular swimming pools.
Around a pool it’s best to use either a clay or a cement product grouted in the closed joint method.
Both cement and clay products are far less porous than a paving tile or a simulated stone product.
This leaves far less chance of wear and tear and grouting failure around the pool.
Benificiated concrete finishes offer beautiful colours and textures derived from natural stone.
Critical considerations when doing you’re Pool Paving:
Step 1 – Choosing the right paver:
- There are a number of pavers available for various applications.
- Flagstones are generally wet cast pavers that can be moulded into a number of shapes, ideal for gardens, patios and pool surrounds.
- Clay bricks like Corobrick are generally used for driveways, walkways and pool surrounds, although, in our opinion, this is somewhat out of fashion
Step 2 – Ground preparation
- Ground preparation is important as any sort of unprepared ground can result in ‘pooling’, sagging paving and loose bricks.
Step 3 – Laying the base materials
- Depending on what paver you’re laying, it will determine what base material you’ll use.
- Flagstones will need a bed of cement about 10cm thick to rest on, while other paving will need a bed of river sand, about 20cm, to rest on.
Step 4 – Laying the paving
- Once the base material has been laid and screeded with a long plank, (take care not to compact the base material) start laying your paving.
- There are a number of patterns to choose from, including stretcher bond, herring bone, basket weave and so on.
Step 5 – Grouting
- Once all the paving has been laid, you’re ready to grout. Once that’s done, you can enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Step 6 – Enjoy the fruits of your labour
- For a small job, the above guide should be more than enough to ensure a happy result.
- If you’re working with a larger area, get a professional to tackle it.
Visit us on Facebook
Or Contact us.